Running Log / Walking Log
A running log is essential for tracking your daily progress and accomplishments, whether you are running to stay fit, lose weight, or training for a triathalon or marathon. Take your training log to the next level with our free running log or walking log. Our running log is very simple, but it also allows you to track the temperature, shoes you were running with, the type of run, and a description of the route.
The printable running log or walking log may be all you need, but you can also download the Excel version to customize it for your personal use. To create an overall fitness program, try our Exercise Chart or Workout Chart.
Printable Running Log & Walking Log
The following running logs are PDF files that you can download and print.
Running Log Templatefor Excel and OpenOffice
This Running Log spreadsheet helps you track your daily running or walking progress, including distance, time, heart rate, and route information.
The workbook contains a Running Log worksheet, Walking Log worksheet, as well as a Race Log, each on a different worksheet.
For more detailed running logs, check out the resources below.
"No installation, no macros - just a simple spreadsheet" - by Jon Wittwer
Using the Running Log
Run Type or Walk Type - Example run or walk types that you might enter into your running log include Training, Light, Moderate, Vigorous, Hike, Hill(s), Intervals, Long Steady Distance, Marathon, or Race.
Pace - Strictly speaking, pace is another word for speed, which is distance divided by time. However, it is also common to record your pace as the amount of time required to walk or run a specific distance, like a 6-minute mile or a 2-minute lap. Unless you are carrying a GPS device, you can't easily track your speed as you run or walk, but you CAN check your TIME as you complete laps or hit mile markers.
Other Free Running Logs
- David Hays' Running Log at davidhays.net - An extensive excel running log that calculates pace, mileage over various amounts of time, and much more. It also includes graphs for mileage, progress, weight, and more. You can even track your race progress.
- Minh Tan's Running log - A clear and concise excel running log that also takes your data and creates graphs showing distance, pace, time and more.
Free Online Running Log Software
- LogYourRun - Online Running Log at logyourrun.com - A free online source to track your exercise and log your running data, routes, and more.
- RunningAHEAD at runningahead. com - Free training tools to track your running progress.
Exercise and Training Resources
- SparkPeople at sparkpeople.com - A free resource for living a healthy lifestyle. Track all types of daily exercises, as well as your weight loss and diet progress.