Letter of Introduction
A letter of introduction does exactly what it implies – it introduces one party to another party. These parties can be businesses, individuals representing businesses or simply individuals representing themselves. Use our free sample letter of introduction template below to help you get started. Keep reading below for a free sample introduction letter, tips and links to other resources.
In third party introduction letters, the writer is addressing someone they are familiar with and introducing a third party to the recipient. Generally, specific requests for employment or other assistance accompany the letter. These letters tend to be less formal as they are usually sent to someone you know well.
In blind contact introduction letters, the writer does not know the recipient. The entire purpose of the letter is to make the introduction. These types of letters are essential in building business and customer relationships.
Introduction letters are often confused with referral letters, cover letters or application letters, each of which is used under different circumstances.
Letter of Introduction Template
Trying to build up your rolodex or help out a friend or associate? Use this free letter of introduction template to help break the ice.
Author: Brent Weight and Jon Wittwer
License: Limited Use
Tips: How to Write a Letter of Introduction
- It is ok to keep the letter less formal if it is someone you know well
- Be concise and stay on topic
- Ask for specific assistance – don't make general or unattainable requests
- Provide contact information for the person being referred
- An introduction letter might just be an email between friends or colleagues
Sample Introduction Letters
Business Letter of Introduction Sample
I am writing to introduce you to a remarkable young woman, Cami Larsen. She has worked for me the past 6 months and has done an excellent job.
Cami has been very valuable to our team. She has a bachelor's degree in marketing and she has a great sense of current market trends. She has been marketing lead on several key projects for us. Her husband recently was transferred to New York so she will be leaving us shortly. We will be sad to see her go. Since she will be coming your way, I was hoping that you might be willing to consider Cami for a position in your firm or assist her with finding other opportunities in New York. She will be a great asset to whoever hires her on.
Let me know if you have any questions or you can reach Cami directly at (123) 456-7890. I am sure she can provide you with a resume if you wish. Thank you for your time and assistance.
More Sample Introduction Letters
- Business Letter of Introduction - buzzle.com - A sample letter used to introduce your company to new customers or clients. Also includes some additional tips.
- Self Introduction to Client - writinghelp-central.com - A good example introduction letter when you need to properly introduce yourself to perspective new customers.
- The Art of the Introduction - techcrunch.com - In this age of emails, yours needs to not blend in. Check this out for specific tips on introducing yourself by email.