Congratulations on the job offer! You can officially accept a job offer in a professional way by writing an acceptance letter. This type of letter verifies to the employer that you have accepted the job and the terms of the offer. Continue reading below to see our example acceptance letter and to download the free template.
Job Offer Acceptance Letter Template
Tips for Writing an Acceptance Letter
- When accepting a job offer, let the company know you are grateful they took time out of their busy schedule to offer you a job.
- Be prompt in your response.
- Restate the agreed upon salaries and benefits.
- If you have negotiated changes to the offer, make sure you get them in an amended or updated offer letter before accepting.
- Make sure to get any paperwork you may need from them.
- Thank them for considering you for a position.
Sample Acceptance Letters
Sample Job Offer Acceptance Letter
2 Heaven Cir
Numbers, New York, 13549
The Number Store
Hiring Coordinator, Human Resources
1 Fiji Way
Numbers, New York, 13549
I was thrilled to receive your letter today 10/21/2014 offering me the job of Assistant at Cashiering. I accept this job offer and am excited to join the Number Store team.
My understanding of the offer is as follow. My agreed upon salary is $15.00 an hour at 40 hours a week and I will get paid on the 10th and 20th of every month. Being on time for my shift makes me eligible for a $1.000 per hour bonus. My benefits will start after I have worked for the company for 60 days and include: medical, dental, vision, paid vacation and time off, sick leave, and 401(k).
Thank you for extending, to me, this wonderful opportunity which will allow me to work for The Number Store. Please let me know if there is any other paperwork that I need to fill out before my first day of work.
More Sample Acceptance Letters
- Stanford University - Sample Acceptance/Rejection Letters - studentaffairs.standford.edu - Provides a couple examples of each case.
- Eastern Illinois University - Sample Acceptance/Refusal Letters (.pdf) - www.eiu.edu
- University of Wisconsin - Sample Job Offer Acceptance Letter (.pdf) - www.uwgb.edu
References and Resources
- Purdue - Online Writing Lab - owl.english.purdue.edu - Talks about writing an acceptance letter and provides a model letter.
- Mayfield Handbook of Technical & Scientific Writing - web.mit.us - An extensive guide for writing all sorts of letters, including some samples.
- Accepting and Rejecting Offers - studentaffairs.stanford.edu - Provides a few examples, including an example of how to withdraw from an application.
- Accepting or Declining Offers - www.career.cornell.edu - Includes information and links to additional examples.
- The Acceptance Letter, Dissected (.pdf) - career.ucsf.edu - Provides a concise explanation of the contents of this type of letter.