Emergency Contact Form and Card Template
How prepared is your family for an emergency? Does each family member know what to do? You can use our emergency contact form template to print a summary of your family emergency plan. You can personalize it to list all of your family's crucial emergency information including: how to contact each other, where family members might be during the week, outside contacts, where to meet in case contacting each other proves difficult or impossible, and local resources.
Emergency Contact Formfor Excel and Word
You can never be too prepared for an emergency. This emergency contact form is a simple template that allows you to keep all of your essential emergency plan details in one place. Customize it and then print a copy to keep on your fridge. Review it occasionally with your family so that everyone knows what to do when you have an emergency.
Emergency Card: While the full page emergency plan is nice to print out and put on your fridge, this template also includes a worksheet where you can customize a printable Emergency Card. When folded, it is the same size as a business card so it will fit nicely in a wallet. You can also make individualized cards that your children can keep with them.
Emergency Plan Resources
Because creating an emergency plan is so important for your family, we also highly recommend reading through the resources below so you can create the most effective plan possible.
- Make an Emergency Plan at Ready.gov - Helps you "prepare, plan and stay informed" about emergencies and disasters.
- Different Types of Emergencies at RedCross.org - A comprehensive list of the different types of emergencies and disasters and how you should prepare for them.
- Be Red Cross Ready at arcbrcr.org - This site takes you step by step to becoming informed and prepared for emergencies. It offers an interactive experience with audio and video clips.
- Find Your Weather Hazard Radio Station at nws.noaa.gov - This National Weather Service web page will let you locate your nearest weather hazard radio station, along with its name, call sign, frequency and power. This is information that could be useful to include on your emergency contact form.
- American Red Cross Emergency Card (PDF) at redcross.org - This PDF provides a simple design for an emergency contact card.
- Family Emergency Plan Card for Children (PDF) at Ready.gov - A foldable family emergency plan card for your child.