Retirement Savings Calculator
Are you looking for a simple retirement calculator? I got swamped as I began looking for retirement planning calculators and software. What I really wanted was a Microsoft Excel ® spreadsheet for calculating a simple annuity (interest earned plus annual payments), comparing the total amount invested up until retirement to the amount earned in interest. I couldn't find what I wanted, so I went ahead and created my own, which you can download for free below. This page also provides links to other retirement calculators and software. For calculating how much you may need saved at retirement, try the Annuity Calculator.
Retirement Savings Calculatorfor Excel
Estimate the future value of your retirement savings, based on a starting balance, expected interest rate, and annual investments. Compare total payments to interest earned. Run simulations with random annual interest rates and a variable number of annual payments.
"No Installation, No Macros - Just a simple spreadsheet - An original creation by Dr. Jon Wittwer of Vertex42.com"
More Retirement Calculators
- 401(k) Savings Calculator - www.vertex42.com - This is our new 401k spreadsheet that estimates your 401(k) savings after a number of years of contributions.
- Retirement Budget - Microsoft.com - This template has you estimate your retirement budget by entering housing costs, personal expenses, living expenses, medical expenses, and retirement income. A good place to start to figure out how your retirement income is going to last.
- Lifetime Savings Calculator - Microsoft.com - This calculator estimates the amount of savings accumulated through retirement by reducing a single monthly expense and investing the amount saved.
- Retirement Checklist - Microsoft.com - A checklist for use by financial advisors to help clients plan for life after retirement.
- Retire Early Calculators - retireearlyhomepage.com - John P. Greaney, P.E. has created a variety of Excel spreadsheets for calculating safe withdrawal rates and the Generation-X Retirement Planner calculates how much money you'll need to retire early. These calculators are quite extensive.
- Retirement Calculators and Articles - money.msn.com - There are a bunch of articles and online calculators on the MSN Money site.
- Simple Savings Calculator - www.vertex42.com - Similar to the 401k Calculator and Retirement Planning Spreadsheet, but it gives you more flexibility to include extra regular or annual deposits.
Rate this Retirement Savings Calculator
To view and write reviews, click on the button below.