Free Family Budget Planner
This free family budget planner spreadsheet is modeled after one that I have personally used for years, and is very easy to use. It was especially helpful during the transition from student - to married student - to intern - to employee - to home owner. With careful budget planning, we were able to make ends meet so that by the time we wanted to buy a house, we knew exactly what we could afford.
New Budgeting Tools (11/2/2010) - The family budget planner has been used by hundreds of thousands of people and remains one of my most popular budgeting tools. However, many people may not realize that I've created a few other variations recently. You might want to check out the Money Manager template or yearly Budget Calculator. Both of these provide additional features that the basic family budget planner doesn't have. - Jon Wittwer
Family Budget Planner 2.0for Excel, OpenOffice, & Google Docs
Excel 2010 Version
This free family budget planner worksheet will help you create a yearly budget by entering amounts based on the month in which expenses are incurred.
By creating a yearly budget, you can more easily predict how major life changes will affect your finances. For example, if you are changing jobs, you can use the budget planner to estimate whether the increase (or decrease) in pay will still allow you to make ends meet.
If you are moving or buying a home, you can analyze your budget to see where you may need to cut back to be able to afford an increase in rent or a higher mortgage. Watch the video for an example.
New in Version 2.0: The new graphs show your spending and savings balance over time. I also added rows under each major budget category to show the percentage of the total expenses. The help worksheet is much more detailed now.
"No Installation, No Macros - Just a simple spreadsheet - An original creation by Dr. Jon Wittwer of Vertex42.com"
Rate and Review this Family Budget Planner
To view and write reviews, click on the button below.
More Budget Planner Spreadsheets
- Money Manager - The ultimate money management spreadsheet. It lets you record transactions and compare your expenses to your budget.
- Monthly Household Budget - The monthly version of the family budget planner listed above.
- Personal Budget Planner - Similar to the family version, but with fewer categories.
- Personal Monthly Budget The monthly version of the personal budget spreadsheet.
- Home Budget Worksheet - Our original selection of home budget worksheets.
- For a general definition of budgeting, see the Budget article on wikipedia.com