Math Resources for Kids
A strong background in math is essential for later life skills. It is essential to start building the skills for a strong background when children are only in elementary school, as that is when their minds are most impressionable. Elementary school teachers need dependable resources in order to begin laying these math foundations in the minds of their students. Here is a large collection of resource links to the lessons that will help teach elementary school students about math and help them with their homework.
Elementary Math Lessons, Games, and Resources
- The Math Worksheet Site: Awesome tools for creating printable math worksheets.
- Math Worksheets Island: Another great place to find math worksheets of all kinds, organized by topic and by grade level.
- Fun Mathematics Lessons: Collection of lesson plans for elementary school kids that teachers can use.
- The Bananas Problem: Math lesson for grade-school kids that teaches them about fractions.
- Teaching Heart: Lesson plan to help elementary school teachers educate their students about multiplication. Great for homework assistance.
- Pumpkin Ideas: Teaches elementary kids about place value, counting and estimation and measurement.
- Can Teach: List of ideas to help elementary school kids formulate math concepts better in their heads. Ideal for homework help.
- The Virtual Vine: A resource for elementary school kids. It features lessons, many links other math lesson sites, and different concepts.
- Math Learning Center: Provides sample lessons for elementary school kids that are ideal as homework help.
- Math Their Way Blackline Masters: Provides visitors with resources like graphs and tables that elementary kids can use in their math homework.
- Hubbard’s Cupboard: Talks about math tubs, which are resource concepts to help elementary kids with math. Also includes links to further math resources for elementary kids.
- Literature-Math Crossover Lesson: A math lesson for first-graders that teaches them about subraction.
- Construction Ahead: Educates elementary students on the need to plan a budget in order to build a house.
- Figure This!: Contains a monster list of math challenges that teachers of younger elementary school students can download and print. Good for use in homework assistance or lesson plans.
- InterMath: A collection of lesson plans designed for mostly elementary school kids. This website is dedicated to helping teachers become better educators of math.
- Pizza Your Way: Lesson plan intended to teach elementary students about ratios, decimals and basic operations.
- Resource Room at Math Central: Collection of links to resources that help elementary school kids learn about math lessons related to problem solving.
- Smile Program: A lesson targeting first and second graders with regards to educating them about place value.
- Patterns to the Rescue: Instructive lesson that teaches kids in grade three to five about analyzing patterns and shapes to find the next number sequence.
- Mathematics Archives: A web page listing a monster number of links to math lessons for elementary school kids.
- The Math Forum: More than a dozen lesson plans for teachers of students in grades three to five. Great homework help.
- Math Worksheets - Addition: Collection of worksheets for math for elementary school students. Great for homework assignments.
- Illuminations: A math lesson for third to fifth graders that will teach them about geometric principles.
- MathSteps: Teaches fourth-graders about the order of operations and how to perform them properly.
- PEC: A lesson for elementary school kids that incorporates physical education into the math lesson. Students will learn about the different kinds of angles.
- IXL: Math practice lessons for second-graders. This web page is phenomenal for helping sharpen kids for their homework assignments.
- Free Printable Worksheets - Hundreds of free educational worksheets, including free printable math worksheets.