Purchase Order Tracking Template
If you have many vendors or suppliers and create more than just a few purchase orders per year, you will want to use some type of PO tracking system. For tracking large numbers of orders, you may want to look for custom PO software or a database solution. However, if you just need something simple for now, this purchase order tracking template may be just right. You can use it along with our free purchase order template.
Use this spreadsheet to list all the purchase orders that you create, track their progress (draft, paid, complete, etc.), and create simple summary reports of how much you have paid to individual suppliers.
Purchase Order Trackerfor Excel
Download⤓ Excel (.xlsx)
License: Private Use (not for distribution or resale)
"No installation, no macros - just a simple spreadsheet"
We Recommend ...
The Purchase Order Tool by Someka.net allows you to create POs as PDFs, select from a product list, and keep a database of past orders.Learn More ►
List all your purchase orders and display a summary of payments made to all or individual vendors. You can choose to show all purchase orders or just the orders for a particular supplier, using Excel's built-in filtering feature.
Instructions are included within the worksheet.
This spreadsheet does not include a purchase order form. You can use this spreadsheet to track any PO form that you want - it does not have to be a PO template from Vertex42.com.
- Includes a payment/aging summary for all orders or for individual vendors.
- Use Excel's Sorting and Filtering feature to sort by date, PO number, vendor, etc.
- Customize the list of options that show up in the Status drop-down box.
- Gray-out rows by entering a Status of "Complete" when a delivery is received. (This is done using Conditional Formatting)
- Set the status of an order to "Draft" to keep it from showing in the aging summary.
- No VBA/macros
- Create a Drop Down List in Excel at vertex42.com