A printable exercise log is very useful for helping you keep track of your accomplishments and progress. Take the exercise log with you to the gym (on a clipboard) and record your sets/reps or times during your rest periods. Log your progress to give you the edge you need to accomplish your goals. Our exercise logs let you record both aerobic and strength training exercises and come in either a 2-day or 3-day format.
Printable Exercise Log
The following exercise logs are PDF files that you can download and print. The printable exercise chart is identical to the Exercise Chart template below. I'd recommend using the template so that you can save a copy of your exercise plan and make changes easily as you increase your strength and endurance or change exercises.
Printable Exercise Log (3-Day)
Printable 2-Day Exercise Log
Exercise Log Templatefor Excel and OpenOffice
Use this Exercise Log spreadsheet to track your daily fitness and strength training progress, as well as your daily weight, hours of sleep, and daily calorie intake.
The file contains both a 2-day and 3-day Exercise Log. Choose the one you need based on the number of different exercises you perform each day. Print on both sides of the paper, to save trees.
Using the Exercise Log
One Rep Max (1RM): See the Workout Chart for information about calculating your one-rep max. You list your 1RM in the log as a reference to help you determine what weight to use for your sets/reps, based on your specific training program guidelines which are often stated as a percentage of your 1RM. For example: "3 sets of 6-8 reps at 80% of your 1RM".
Intensity level: For cardiovascular/aerobic exercises, use the following rules of thumb to determine the intensity level.
- Light: You can sing loudly while performing the activity (don't do this at the gym or people will get annoyed and thing you're crazy).
- Moderate: You can carry on a conversation while performing the activity.
- Vigorous: You are too winded to carry on a conversation while performing the activity.
More Exercise Logs and Training Resources
- Comprehensive Exercise Log at AnswerFitness.com - One of the best printable exercise logs available in .pdf, .doc, and .html format.
- Calories Burned Calculator at calcnexus.com - Estimate the amount of calories burned for a variety of exercises and intensity levels.
- Daily Food Log - Track your diet and calories in detail.