Free Printable Daily Planner
Create your own daily planner using our Free Printable Daily Planner template for Excel. Most commercial daily planners have page refills that you can buy, and the original planner often costs a lot as well. Our daily planner template was designed specifically for common (inexpensive) 3-ring binders and you can print the planner pages using regular letter-size paper.
Printable Daily Plannerfor Excel
This Daily Planner is a spreadsheet template that lets you print a planner page for any day of the year. First enter all the birthdays and other yearly events. When you change the date, up to 3 events per day will be shown automatically.
"No Installation, No Macros - Just a simple spreadsheet - An original creation by Dr. Jon Wittwer of Vertex42.com"
Macro Version: Included in the download is a version that contains a macro for printing multiple days at a time. The filenames of the two daily planner files should make it obvious which one is which.
Rate and Review this Daily Planner Template
To view and write reviews, click on the button below.
Daily Planner Features
If you calculate how much it costs to print your own daily planner pages vs. buying ready-made planners, you'll probably find that printing your own is NOT necessarily cheaper. Ultimately someone has to pay for the paper and the ink.
The main advantage of creating your own is the ability to customize your daily planner. For example, if you are a student, you may want to change the "People to Call" section into a "Homework Due" section. Also, if you work a weird shift that is constantly changing times, you could make your day start at 7:00am or 9:00pm.
Holidays and Birthdays
This template is more fancy than your typical daily planner because you can record the month and day of all your family and friends' birthdays and when you change the date to print a new day, up to 3 events and 3 holidays will be shown automatically. Holidays are shown under the day in red font, and events (like birthdays) are shown in the Remember section. The limit of 3 per day is because I haven't figured out a formula for listing more than 3 and I don't want to use a VBA macro.
Other Daily Planner Features
- The ISO Week Number is shown under the date as W01-7 where 01 is the week number and 7 is the day of the week. In the ISO standard, Monday is the first day of the week, and Week 01 is the week containing Jan 4th.
- Events and holidays are highlighted in the mini calendars at the top. The current day also uses a unique highlight. The highlighting is controlled using Conditional Formatting. The format can be changed in the MiniCalendars worksheet. You can also change the calendars to show Monday first or Sunday first.
- Includes sections for a Prioritized Task List and Daily Expenses.
- Use the Notes section for grocery lists, journal entries, doodling, etc.
More Daily Planners
There are SO many different types of daily planners! Different sizes, different ways of organizing the information, etc. Here are some helpful links.
- Daily Planner Pages - DayTimer.com - Planner pages and refills for the Day-Timer® brand.
- Daily Planner for Moms - momAgenda.com - Designed for mothers in mind.
- Printable Planner Pages - organizedhome.com - Daily planners and to do lists