Shift Schedule Template
Download our free employee shift schedule spreadsheet to help organize work assignments. This template was designed for small businesses and is particularly useful for fast food restaurants, small stores, or departments where employees change stations throughout a work day. Also check out our work schedule template and free calendars.
Note: Our Annual Calendar also works pretty well as a shift schedule, especially if you want to create a schedule for many months in advance. We recently created a new version of the annual calendar that works as an automatic work Rotation Schedule.
Shift Schedule Templatefor Excel, OpenOffice, and Google Sheets
(not for distribution or resale)
"No installation, no macros - just a simple spreadsheet" - by Jon Wittwer
This template was designed to be easy to customize. Every business does thing a little different. Below are some of the things you can do with this shift schedule template:
- Organize work assignments for an entire week.
- Shade and merge cells to identify shifts, or use task codes to plan a rotating schedule for each work day.
- Add any number of rows depending on the number of employees.
- Add columns to create a 24-hour schedule.
- Customize the key with your own list of tasks.
Other Shift Schedule Solutions
- Labor Scheduling Template at schedulingspreadsheet.com - This site provides an employee labor scheduling spreadsheet for Excel that can handle fairly complex schedules like you might see in restaurants and retail.