Excel Purchase Order Template
Need a simple yet professional software solution for creating purchase orders? Having trouble finding the purchase order software that is right for your company? If so, try our free Purchase Order Template for Excel. You can customize it to create your own purchase order forms, and all you need is a spreadsheet program. We've designed our template from the ground up to make it work in nearly any spreadsheet software that is able to open or import Excel files.
Our purchase order spreadsheet goes hand-in-hand with our sales invoice template, so if you are looking for a purchase order template to recommend to your customers, we have a great solution for both you and the customers that order from you.
Purchase Order Templatefor Excel, OpenOffice, & Google Docs
This purchase order form for Excel provides one of the easiest solutions for creating and printing a purchase order. Just follow the steps below:
1. Customize the spreadsheet for your business by adding your billing and shipping information.
2. Save as a template file (.xlt) or normal Excel spreadsheet.
3. After completing a purchase order, save a copy for archival purposes, and then email the file or a PDF version (may require a PDF conversion add-on) to your supplier.
"No Installation, No Macros - Just a simple spreadsheet - An original creation by Dr. Jon Wittwer of Vertex42.com"
Bonus: Download the two bonus spreadsheets listed below when you purchase the unlocked version of the purchase order template.
Requirements and License agreement same as above.
Includes bonus content! Type: .XLS (Excel 2003+)
Bonus #1: Purchase Order With Price List
Create a Price List, with Item #'s and Unit Prices. Select the products using a drop-down list to have the item #'s and prices automatically entered into the purchase order.
Bonus #2: Purchase Order Manager for Excel
Note: This bonus Purchase Order Manager spreadsheet does contain VBA macros, therefore it will not work on a Mac (because Excel 2008 does not support VBA)
Description: The Purchase Order Manager for Excel is a purely spreadsheet-based purchase order management system. It allows you to create customized purchase order templates, auto-generate new purchase order numbers, keep a record of purchase orders that you have created, and maintain a list of vendor information.
Each new purchase order that you create is a separate editable spreadsheet like the above template. You can still fully customize the purchase order template. The Purchase Order Manager contains macros, but the individual purchase order spreadsheets that are created using the Purchase Order Manager do not. In fact, you have complete access to the VBA code, so if you want to tweak the way the macro works, you can do so as long as you don't expect us to fix it if you break it.
Rate and Review the Purchase Order Template
To view and write reviews, click on the button below.
Using the Purchase Order Template
Explanation of the Price List feature in the Purchase Order Template
Values within [brackets] are meant to be replaced with your company (the buyer) or vendor (the seller) information. Below are descriptions of fields used in purchase orders:
- [Company Name]: The main title and address listed at the top of the purchase order is for the buyer - the company requesting the order.
- P.O.#: The Purchase Order number. This is a number used by the buyer to track purchase orders.
- Vendor: The name and address of the vendor (the seller).
- Ship To: Your company's name and address - where you want the products to be shipped to.
- Requisitioner: The name of the person ordering the products (the buyer). This person is usually the contact listed at the bottom of the purchase order.
- Ship Via: The method of shipment such as "UPS Ground", "Federal Express", that the buyer is requesting.
- F.O.B.: This stands for "Free On Board" which is usually "Destination" or "Shipping Point". For more information, see F.O.B. at wikipedia.com
- Shipping Terms: This field is usually used for payment terms such as the method of payment or when the payment is due (usually set by the vendor or seller). Details that don't fit within the Terms field can be described in more detail in the Special Instructions block.
For general information about purchase orders, see Purchase Order at wikipedia.com.
If you have other questions about how to use this template, please contact us.
Sending the Purchase Order to a Supplier:
The recommended way to send the completed purchase order to a vendor, other than by printing and mailing it, is to email a PDF version of the purchase order worksheet. PDF conversion software often allows you to 'Print' to a PDF by selecting the PDF driver as if it were a separate printer (it would be listed along with your other printers in the Print window).
If you are a Vendor or Supplier and want to send a pre-completed purchase order template to a specific client (containing your address info for example), you may do so provided that the TermsOfUse worksheet is not hidden, removed, or modified, and as long as you don't put the spreadsheet on the internet. You are welcome to create a printable purchase order as a PDF file and put that on your website for your clients to use, but we'd prefer that you simply refer them to this page to download their own spreadsheet.
Other Purchase Order Software
- Purchase Order Templates - from office.microsoft.com - Many varieties of purchase order forms for both Word and Excel.
- Purchase Order Software for Windows by www.primasoft.com - This software lets you create, process, and track your purchase orders.