Purchase Order Template
Our purchase order template for Excel is an extremely simple and budget-friendly solution for your business. If you need to create purchase orders, you don't need special software. If you already use Excel or OpenOffice, just download our Purchase Order Template, and you can have that PO whipped out in a matter of minutes. With the paid version of the spreadsheet, you can customize your own order forms such as adding a logo or changing the color scheme.
This PO template was created based on our original sales invoice template, so customers and vendors can benefit from using similar tools. If you are a vendor and need a purchase order form template for your customers to use, you can just point them to this page.
Purchase Order Templatefor Excel, OpenOffice, and Google Sheets
"No installation, no macros - just a simple spreadsheet" - by Jon Wittwer
This template provides one of the easiest solutions for creating and printing a PO. Just follow the steps below:
1. Customize the spreadsheet for your business by adding your billing and shipping information.
2. Save a backup copy of your file (perhaps a separate copy for each major vendor).
3. After you complete the order, save a copy for archival purposes.
4. Email the file or a PDF version to your supplier.
|Create an Unlimited # of Purchase Orders||✔||✔|
|Can use all Excel features: insert a logo, add rows, edit all cells, change color scheme, etc.||✔|
|Bonus: Purchase Order with Price List||✔|
Purchase Order Template - Unlocked
Purchase the unlocked version of the template using the button to the right. "Unlocked" means that the spreadsheet is not password protected, so it can be customized using all the normal features of Excel.
Bonus: Includes a version of the purchase order form that is linked to a customizable price list (see below).
Try it out! If you don't think it was worth the cost, I will refund your purchase.
Bonus: Purchase Order With Price List
Create a Price List, with Item #'s and Unit Prices. Select the products using a drop-down list to have the item #'s and prices automatically entered into the PO.
Using the Purchase Order Template
Explanation of the Price List feature
Values within [brackets] are meant to be replaced with your company (the buyer) or vendor (the seller) information. Below are descriptions of fields used in the worksheet:
- [Company Name]: The main title and address listed at the top of the order form is for the buyer - the company requesting the order.
- P.O.#: The Purchase Order number. This is a number used by the buyer to track POs.
- Vendor: The name and address of the vendor (the seller).
- Ship To: Your company's name and address - where you want the products to be shipped to.
- Requisitioner: The name of the person ordering the products (the buyer). This person is usually the contact listed at the bottom of the order form.
- Ship Via: The method of shipment such as "UPS Ground", "Federal Express", that the buyer is requesting.
- F.O.B.: This stands for "Free On Board" which is usually "Destination" or "Shipping Point". For more information, see F.O.B. at wikipedia.com
- Shipping Terms: This field is usually used for payment terms such as the method of payment or when the payment is due (usually set by the vendor or seller). Details that don't fit within the Terms field can be described in more detail in the Special Instructions block.
For general information about purchase orders, see Purchase Order at wikipedia.com.
If you have other questions about how to use this template, please contact us.
Sending the Purchase Order to a Supplier:
The recommended way to send the completed PO to a vendor, other than by printing and mailing it, is to email a PDF version of the document. PDF conversion software often allows you to 'Print' to a PDF by selecting the PDF driver as if it was a separate printer.
If you are a Vendor or Supplier and want to send a pre-completed purchase order template to a specific client (containing your address info for example), you may do so provided that the TermsOfUse worksheet is not hidden, removed, or modified, and as long as you don't put the spreadsheet on the internet. You are welcome to create a printable PO as a PDF file and put that on your website for your clients to use, but we'd prefer that you simply refer them to this page to download their own spreadsheet.
Other Purchase Order Software
- Purchase Order Software for Windows by www.primasoft.com - This software lets you create, process, and track your purchase orders.