Whether your moving out of a home or an apartment, moving somewhere local or to another state, a Moving Checklist is an essential tool for planning and peace of mind. It's no small task packing your things, deciding whether to rent a truck or hire a mover, and keeping the whole process organized. This free printable moving checklist takes you step by step - from what to do 2 months in advance (like arranging the transfer of medical records and scheduling utilities) to the weeks following your move (like completing your change of address checklist).
Printable Moving Checklists
Download a printable moving checklist in PDF format. You will need Adobe Reader to view and print this file.
- Printable Moving Checklist (.pdf)
Moving Checklistfor Excel, OpenOffice, and Google Sheets
(not for distribution or resale)
"No installation, no macros - just a simple spreadsheet" - by Jon Wittwer
Create and print a checklist to take you each step of the way to have a successful move. With this spreadsheet, you can add or remove items as needed.
Disclaimer: Every move is different. While planning your move, decide how detailed you want your checklist to be and make the appropriate changes. We don't guarantee everything you'll need to consider is on this list.
Other Moving Resources
- Moving Checklist - RealSimple.com - A guide to help plan and organize your move.
- Guide to finding a moving company - Moving-Company-Guide.com - Everything you need to know about moving.
- Moving Tips - BudgetTruck.com - Tips on moving, renting trucks, recruiting moving help and more.
- Moving Guide - Uhaul.com - Download U-Haul's guide to moving