Software Inventory Tracking Template
Tracking software inventory and performing other computer inventory control tasks can be a headache for any IT professional. Tracking the location and condition of computer inventory and monitoring software installations and expirations can be time consuming and tedious.
Typical asset inventory systems, while generally good at tracking hardware inventory, aren't usually set up to handle software inventory management. But, now you have another option ... our free Software Inventory Tracking Template. It is designed specifically to track hardware and software inventory, including the location of installed software and software license expirations. Continue reading after the download block for more information.
If you're looking to track other fixed assets besides computer hardware and software, check out Vertex42's Asset Tracking Template – a simple solution for equipment tracking.
Software Inventory Tracking Templatefor Excel
Vertex42's Software Inventory Tracking Template helps you keep tabs on your company's hardware and software inventory, installations, and expirations.
- Enter software and hardware inventory and purchase details on their respective worksheets – giving each entry a unique name.
- Track license usage and location by simply selecting the computer and the software combination – the software inventory control system will automatically calculate licenses used and remaining.
- Add additional rows by copying a row and inserting it above the last row.
- Keep track of software expiration and hardware upgrade dates.
"No installation, no macros - just a simple spreadsheet"
Software Inventory Tracking Resources
- Is Anyone Tracking Your Organization's Software Licenses? at cio.com - Many organizations have forgotten the importance of tracking software licenses, setting themselves up for difficulties in the future.
- Software License Tracking at processor.com - This article describes some of the reasons to keep track of licenses, some free audit tools and the pains growing companies can have when it comes to software compliance.
- Best Practices for Tracking Software (PDF) at ist.berkeley.edu - Some best practices from Berkley for keeping track of software licenses including how long information should be kept.